Thursday 29 April 2010

Folksy Friday #5

"Sum-fin Fishy..."


If I could live on seafood I would... I come from a small seaside town on the North Antrim Coast, it used to be a thriving fishing town, but now sadly its more tourist orientated... so there will be hoards of people poundin' her wee streets this bank holiday weekend...the air will be filled with the sweet smell of candy floss, an escaped helium balloon or 2 & the screams of delight from Barry's Big Dipper. 


My favourite restaurant down home is the Harbour Bar, they do great fresh fish.... I love nothing better than sitting on the wee bench out the front, over looking the harbour, with a cold pint of Guinness in my hand or braving the elements on a stormy day, eating a fish supper on the harbour wall....this is home to me  :)


and so to my fishy folksy friday  (remember pinks the link!)  Hope you enjoy my choices this week.....I know my favourite, been on my 'wish list' a long time!



Fish & Chips by Woolly Duck


'Dad, this is the friend I told you about' by Hide n Seek


Funky Fish Cufflinks by Buff Cuffs


Pocket pal fish and starfish friend by MiaDesign


Original lino cut print "Fishing boats and hut on Faro"  by A. Deegan


greetings card louis and meep fishing art by Simple Kid Industries


give us a kiss fish by Two by Two


Fish Pop-up Birthday Card by Pop-Up Zoo


10 comments:

Violetstone said...

Hi, lovely collection, I really like the knitted goldfish, soo cute. Following you from Folksy.

http://violetstone-rainbowhat.blogspot.com/

Lisa Jarmin said...

I love the little smiley starfish!

OddSox aka Thesockgarden said...

My first Folksy Friday was Fish and there's not one repeat here - just shows how much fab choice there is on Folksy! Love the Sock Fish but then I do have a soft spot for socks. x

Quincifer said...

Great picks! Love the fish and starfish x

Eclectic Creations said...

Wow! I love the fish and chips, its brilliant! x

Marie said...

Love this selection especially the fish and chips and the funny fish face! Please come and see my FF book club collection if you can! Cheers Marie x

Marie said...

Love this selection especially the fish and chips and the funny fish face! Please come and see my FF book club collection if you can! Cheers Marie x

Yvonne Stewart said...

Love the Hide n Seek print, a really gorgeous group x

Kellie said...

thank you everyone, ive fallen for a few of these myself...keep getting blown away by the stuff i find on Folksy!

Elaine, Ellies Treasures said...

Aren't they all just great. Such a lovely selection. Elaine